Jim Fitzgerald is a Business Development Executive with the Myrtle Consulting Group. Jim is a seasoned leader and practitioner with a combination of expertise that spans 25 years of developing operational strategies, building operational capabilities, and transforming operational performance experience.
As a trusted advisor to senior leaders, Jim has been instrumental in assisting more than 30 companies drive growth and improve profitability through innovative solutions and interdisciplinary transformation programs. He has directed the successful completion of hundreds of complex cross-functional projects that have generated more than $750 million in top-line growth and bottom-line benefit.
Clients and colleagues describe Jim as a strong strategic thinker and results-oriented leader who can partner across all levels of an organization to gain alignment and lead impressive changes.
Previously, Jim served 14 years in the US Air Force, where he was certified as a Master Black Belt and became the General’s primary interface for deploying the Quality Air Force across 30 Air Force Units. After leaving the Air Force, Jim went on to lead Strategic Planning and Operational Excellence at several Fortune 500 companies including: First Data Resources, Johnson & Johnson, Becton Dickinson, and Dun & Bradstreet. While at Johnson & Johnson, he was named a management board member and Compliance Officer of the J&J-Merck Consumer Pharmaceuticals joint venture.
Over the past 25 years, Jim has enjoyed working with and delivering great results to these companies:
- Boehringer Ingelheim: Compliance management, ORM implementation, Facility start-up, operational strategy, shop floor leadership, site master planning, program management
- OraPharma: Manufacturing reliability and compliance management
- Johnson & Johnson: Enterprise strategy, NPD redesign, commercialization effectiveness, sales force restructuring, Process Excellence deployment, acquisition integration
- Merck: Laboratory productivity, shop floor leadership, management systems, Six Sigma & Kata deployment, focus factory implementation, sterile supply transformation
- Sanofi Pastuer: Site-wide transformation, OEE improvement, compliance management
- Becton Dickinson: Enterprise strategy, HR transformation, Six Sigma deployment
When not on the road, Jim enjoys spending time with his wife, four children and grandson. He stays busy coaching their basketball, baseball, and softball teams and trying to squeeze in the opportunity to take a motorcycle ride when the weather is nice.